Friday, October 17, 2014

Goat Friendly Porch

Last night, after picking the girls up from school, we were greeted by this guy when we got home.  
.

And how cute is that!  I pulled into the driveway and he almost went into the garage, but I closed it as I saw him and he went back up on the porch.  The girls wanted to keep him, but I don't know the first thing about goats.  There are a lot of people in our rural neighborhood that have chickens, goats, horses, sheep, etc.  

I had a notary coming over so that we could close on our refi, so I called her and said, "Uh, this is kinda weird, but I don't want you to be startled.  There is a goat on my porch."  She was asking me all of these questions that I thought were weird having never met this woman.  Like, "Is he healthy?" and "Has this happened before?" I was thinking, you're missing the point, lady.  

Anyway, the girls loved him, and kept looking out the window to see if he was still there.  He stayed for a couple of hours.  Ryan called a nearby friend that had other goats to see if he wanted to come get him.  He said yes and asked if we would tie him up.  Ryan and I went out to see if we could get him ready for transport and he was gone.  :(  

I told the girls that he went back to his mama.  Our friend said that they don't normally wonder too far from where they live, so hopefully, I am correct in that he went home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Unless your a robot.

Popular Re-Runs